Reports to: School Administrator
ACCEL Schools is seeking highly qualified Teachers dedicated to providing a superior education for all students. Providing a rigorous and nurturing environment that supports student learning is a high priority! Salary commensurate with experience.
With 26 Academies, our schools employ a diverse staff of passionate professionals who value research based practices and desire to grow as professionals. We are committed to excellent professional development through our partnerships with Marzano Research and Scholastic Academic Partners who provide job embedded instructional coaching that support the continual development of our teachers and the practices that lead to high student achievement. Interested applicants should apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Ohio Academy Locations:
Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Lorain, Mansfield, Toledo Warrensville Heights, Westerville, Youngstown.
Other Academy Locations:
Colorado Springs, CO and Chicago, IL
- Deliver high quality lessons based on data-driven decisions
- Utilize research based best practices in daily classroom instruction
- Support the educational and behavioral goals of all students, including those with an Individualized Education Plan
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching into daily lessons and interactions with students, staff, and parents
- Be responsive to feedback from peers, administrators and coaching staff
- Implement school-wide behavior management strategies
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians regarding the academic progress of their child(ren)
- Collaborate effectively with team members
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings
- Contribute to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high professional standards
- Understand, accept, abide by, and implement the school’s philosophy and mission statement in all school activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Current state certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area
- Knowledge of state standards
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Successful completion of BCI/FBI check
- Ability to meet educational standards as applicable
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently
- Understanding and ability to manage confidential information
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an urban setting is a plus
Interested applicants should apply by sending your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sue Furick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.